Bug Hill Farm Savory Recipes
Rhubarb Rush Stir Fry Sauce
An Asian-style sauce with strong flavors of rhubarb and ginger. Try marinading your tofu, chicken, or pork in it before adding to the wok!
- 1/3 cup Rhubarb Rush
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (optional)
Put ingredients into a jar and shake to combine. Add about 3 minutes before your stir-fry is ready to serve, and cook on medium heat until the sauce boils and thickens.
- 1 part Raspberry or Strawberry Shrub
- 1 part grapeseed oil
- 1 part olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Whisk together until incorporated, and serve over a bed of fresh spinach and mixed salad greens. Pairs well with local goat cheese and walnuts.
Justine Bertram's Layered Beet Spread
- 4-1/2 inch springform pan
- Parchment paper, cut in a circle to fit snugly in bottom of pan
- 6-8 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1-2 cloves roasted garlic or finely chopped fresh garlic, and a bit of olive oil to saute
- Freshly ground black pepper
- The Beet Goes on Roasted Beet Spread
- Toasted, sliced almonds
Place parchment circle in the bottom of the springform pan. If using fresh garlic, lightly saute the garlic, rosemary, and thyme in olive oil to release flavor. Mash together goat cheese, roasted or sauteed garlic, rosemary, thyme, and lightly season with salt and black pepper to taste. Pack the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Spread a generous layer of The Beet Goes On Roasted Beet Spread over the cheese mixture. Top with toasted, sliced almonds. Remove the springform mold, and slide the spread with parchment onto a serving plate. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.