Bug Hill Farm Drink Recipes
- 1-2 tablespoons Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial
- 6 ounces White wine or Champagne
- Champagne flute or white wine glass
You can either pour the Black Currant Cordial into the wine glass and add the Champagne or wine (this results in an even mixture) or pour the wine first and then add the Black Currant Cordial, which results in the pretty effect of color separation. Try it both ways! The ratio of Black Currant Cordial to Champagne or wine depends on personal preference.
Bug Hill Sour
- 1/2 ounces Kiss of Cassis
- 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 ounces Tanquary Gin
Mix in a cocktail shaker over ice; shake 5 times and strain into chilled cocktail glasses.
Black Currant Martini
- 3 Parts Vodka
- 1 Part Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial
- 1.5 Parts Pineapple Juice
Chilled vodka and a splash of Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial.
Black Currant Cosmo
Use your favorite Cosmopolitan recipe and replace the pomegranate juice with Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial
Splash Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial into hard cider (or just fresh apple cider) to taste — a traditional use in Brittany and Normandy.
Currant Vodka Spritzer
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 shot Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial
Mix in club soda with a squeeze of Meyer lemon.
- 1/3 cup Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup McGillicuddy's lemon schnapps
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spiced rum, to taste
Slowly fill thermos with boiling water and stir. Serve while still hot.
Andee's Currant Winter Tonic 2.0
- 1 ounce Kiss of Cassis - Black Currant Cordial
- 6 ounces Club Soda
- 1/2 package of Emergen-C (lemon-lime flavor seems best)
Kids love this as it acts somewhat like a purple volcano! (Best to put a plate or bowl under the glass while mixing.) Make at home or enjoy the original at Elmer's (our neighbors in Ashfield)!
Elmer's Currant Emergency
Currant Winter Tonic
- Hot water
- Lemon juice
- Extra honey and Kiss of Cassis -Black Currant Cordial
Great for a cold — black currants are high in antioxidants and vitamin C!
Ra Rheum Margarita
- 1 part Rhubarb Rush
- 1 part Lime
- 1 part Triple sec
- 2 parts Tequila
Mix ingredients and enjoy straight, on the rocks, or blended with ice.
Sip Rhubarb Rush chilled or on the rocks for a light and refreshing after-dinner digestif.
Rhubarb Rush in sparkling mineral water for a refreshing spritzer
Created by Joy Flanagan
- 1 part Basil Hayden's Bourbon
- 1/2 part Bug Hill Farm Gooseberry-Rhubarb Shrub
- 1/4 part manzanilla sherry
- 1/4 part chilled black tea
- 4 tablespoon The Beet Goes On puree
- 6 ounces light rum
- 8-12 mint sprigs, broken apart
- 6 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- Club Soda
- 4 thin slices of lime
In a pitcher, add sugar and 8 sprigs of mint, and crush until mint is well-bruised. Mix in lime juice, rum, and beet puree, and stir well. Divide evenly between 4 glasses, fill with ice, and top off with club soda. Garnish each glass with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime, and enjoy!
Elderflower Cucumber Muddle
Makes 1 Drink
- 1 ounce Bug Hill Farm's Elderflower Power
- 1 ounce white or silver Tequila
- 4 Cucumber slices
- 1/2 ounce Agave Syrup
- 1/4 ounce Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Orange Bitters
In a Boston shaker cocktail glass, muddle four cucumber slices. Add Elderflower Power, tequila, agave syrup, lime juice, and orange bitters to cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass over ice.